Source (git repository)
You can get a clone of the git development repo with:
git clone https://github.com/flintlib/flint2
If you want to browse the repository online, or fork it on GitHub, it can be accessed here:https://github.com/flintlib/flint2
The current development branch within the repository is "trunk".
...and discuss development ideas with us at our Google development group:flint-devel Google Group
Our GitHub issue tracker: https://github.com/flintlib/flint2/issues
Here are some of ideas for development projects that would be highly valuable to a large number of users.
- Improve FLINT's linear algebra performance using vectorization.
- Write a tuning framework to automatically select algorithm thresholds on different architectures.
- Work on assembly optimisations for specific architectures.
- Sparse linear algebra.
- Improve algorithms for dealing with exact algebraic and transcendental numbers.
- Low-precision interval arithmetic.
A longer list of (mostly minor) issues to work on can be found in the todo.txt file. If you are interested in contributing to FLINT in any way, or even just want to request a feature, don't hesitate to leave a message on the mailing list!
Job and internship opportunities
There may be openings for postdocs, PhD theses, master's theses, or research internships relating to FLINT development. Contact Fredrik Johansson for more information.