Source (git repository)
You can get a clone of the git development repo with:
git clone git://github.com/wbhart/flint2.git flint2
If you want to browse the repository online, or fork it on GitHub, it can be accessed here:https://github.com/wbhart/flint2
The current development branch within the repository is "trunk".
...and discuss development ideas with us at our Google development group:flint-devel Google Group
Our GitHub issue tracker: https://github.com/wbhart/flint2/issues
Here is a list of ideas for development projects that would be highly valuable to a large number of users. Some of these could make good student projects (or in some cases, research projects).
- Improve FLINT's linear algebra performance by wrapping BLAS for matrix multiplication.
- Implement a small primes FFT that takes advantage of vectorisation, to speed up integer and polynomial arithmetic.
- Write a tuning framework to automatically select algorithm thresholds on different architectures.
- Work on assembly optimisations for specific architectures.
- Sparse linear algebra (currently in progress)
A longer list of (mostly minor) issues to work on can be found in the todo.txt file. If you are interested in contributing to FLINT in any way, or even just want to request a feature, don't hesitate to leave a message on the mailing list!